At Avalon Recovery Society, the health and well-being of our community is our top priority.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very carefully and are taking steps to protect the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and the women we support at our drop-in Centres.
In the meantime, please remember that Canadian and global public health authorities recommend the best way to protect yourself from cold and flu viruses, including COVID-19, is to practice good health hygiene.
Please keep these everyday preventive actions in mind to help avoid any cold and flu viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough
- Stay at home if you feel unwell
Please do not visit an Avalon Women’s Centre if you are not feeling well. If you cannot make it to a Centre and need support, please call the Centre to speak to one of our staff members or volunteers. Phone numbers for our Avalon Women’s Centres can be found on our website in the "Where we are" section.
Avalon Recovery Society Board of Directors