Disclaimer: Certain links on this site lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom Avalon Recovery Society has no control. As such, Avalon Recovery Society makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Vancouver
- Cocaine Anonymous BC
- Narcotics Anonymous Vancouver Area
- Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Self-mutilators Anonymous
- Sex addicts anonymous
Family and friends support
For family and friends of alcoholics
For younger family members and friends of alcoholics
- Families for Addiction Recovery Parent-to-Parent support
Free, confidential telephone support for parents of children struggling with addiction.
Support phone lines
- Access Central (toll-free): 1.866.658.1211
For referrals to detox and supportive recovery housing. Social workers can provide on-the-spot counselling and coping strategies.
- Alcohol & Drug information and referral service (toll-free): 1.800.663.1441
Provides information and referral services for people across BC needing help with any kind of substance abuse.
- BC211: Dial 211
BC211 is a free helpline providing information and referral for community, government and social services in BC.